Thursday, May 26, 2011

Encounter Group

Was watching one of E.U. episode yesterday and it made me remembered something that I once read about before,i.e. the Encounter Group. Well, if you don't know what is an encounter group, then I'll just briefly tell you here. Early types of the encounter group involved people sitting comfortably in a circle, and people might sit in chairs or on comfortable cushions sharing thoughts and feelings with each other. However, there are also different type of encounter group as well. There is an online version where you can stay totally anonymous and talk to people about your feelings and problem. Anything you wanna say, be it a confession or problems that you're facing that you can't even tell your good friends, but you wanna tell out because you felt suffered hiding it just to yourself. Well, I was wishing to have someone to listen to my problems and I was quite lucky that I met Encounter Group. I just shared my stories yesterday and a girl called Lifeless Star replied me. Well, she seems to be able to understand my situation. And, I felt pity for her after reading her stories. Her stories were even tragic because of her parents. But I'm happy that she at last had the taste of freedom and I'm wishing that she'd find happiness one day soon. :)

On the other hand...I'm quite happy that I've finally finished Chapter 1. Well, of course, nothing to be proud of since it's just 28 pages and yet it took me almost 3 weeks to finish it. Well, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to read it on my own pace. I had many stuff to do back at home for brother's marriage. It sounded like I'm getting married right? Wth. Oh, I'm so so so in love with Nutrition. I guessed Nutrition suits me a lot. Honestly, I really do not regret taking Food Science and Technology. Although I may did really badly for my Sem 2, I realized that I did learn something from my course, especially Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow. I realized that I do not hate Prof Jaenicke anymore. Previously, I hated him badly because he can't really teach. But after the consultation, the pressure that he gave me when he made me to think in front of that proud Chem major couple, although he did embarrassed me a lil, I realized that I never hated him for that. In fact, I actually found myself thanking him for giving me a lot of hidden knowledge that I would never know if I've never consult him. He's a smart prof, but he might not really be good at teaching. But when he forced you to think, it's when you'll start to learn. But it's too late for me to know it. And I'm really afraid to face my results. It's releasing soon. Very soon. And I'm already dread worried. Really really really worried.

And oh yeah, the reasons that I'm studying Food Science and Technology is because I really wanted to create a product that is environmental-friendly and healthy to people. I really wanted to create a healthy society. But, I really don't understand why people don't mind spending money on the medical fee (operation, medicine, etc...) rather than seeking consultation from a nutritionist to gain the most from food? I thought about it before that if only I can blend the art of cooking with nutrition, it would be good...But it doesn't seems that there is such course anywhere in this world....

No comments:

Post a Comment