Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stop me from Expressing Myself

A conversation with a friend made me realized something.

It started of like this:

 A friend: You are really different from what I knew you.
Me: Huh? How different?
A friend: From your look, you only showed the cheerful part of yourself. Seriously, I wouldn't notice you're an emo person without reading the news feed post from you in Facebook or your blog. It's like you are two different people in the real and virtual world. You got what I mean?
Me: Uhm...I see. Well, I have nothing to say bout that. That's just me. Perhaps, I should learn to express myself in the "virtual world" lesser.

I then tried to change topic about it. In fact, I realized that long ago. And long ago, I've tried to stop myself from expressing too much of myself. But, sometimes, I just couldn't help it. It's like an addiction for me to pour my angers and sorrows to Facebook. I really don't know how to stop myself. Whenever, I'm stressed, I'll post something on Facebook. Which most of the times, I would find myself regretted for posting it...
Cause it showed the truth about myself. As an emo person.

Dear Journal,

I really need to learn to put a BIG FULL STOP from showing my true self to the world. I mean, it's not that I'm faking my smiles and laughters. It's just that, I really don't want people to know who I really am! All my smiles and laughter are true, just that, I'm not the type of person who will show her sadness and sorrow in front of people. Instead, I will always posted it, unintentionally, on Facebook. I really don't want people to know this negative part of me. I think I should put a big reminder to myself not to post anything negative on Facebook anymore starting from next semester. I shouldn't let anyone know who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment