Monday, June 20, 2011

The Meetings with the Pets

I saw an ad looking for a pet sitter last few days ago. And I called up the number to ask if they are looking for someone to take care for their pets and if they still need it. Initially the person didn't answer my call and so I sent a message last Tuesday. No one replied. So I thought that I was late for it and they don't need me for it d...So, well, it's okay. BUT....on Thursday, the lady called me and tell me some details and arrange for a meeting to meet her pets to see if I'm okay and can get along with the pets or not. So, I went yesterday morning. Though it's not the type of pet that I wanted or longed for (which is small cute dogs), but I'm perfectly fine with them as long as they are dogs. Regardless of the size. And I love dogs a lot. Besides of the 2 dogs, I have to take care of her 2 cats as well. I was surprised how their cats and dogs can stay together so well under the same roof...But, one of the dog's story was really tragedic and sad. That it made my heart sank and sad when she showed me the pictures of "her" when she found "her" in a construction site in Bangkok. Oh yeah, the owner is Vanessa and her husband is a Thai, name Will. Her dogs are named Pucky and Cow (not sure if I spelled wrongly) and the cats are Si mei and Pervous..(also not sure if it's correctly spelled) ...Cow's story was so sad when she showed me her pictures in her FB. And oh yeah, Vanessa is really kind. In fact, her pets are all those she adopted and her 2 dogs have their own sad historical stories. Vanessa told me that Pucky was beaten before by her owner and she wasn't sure who was it because she knew it after she brought the dog to the vet for scanning. Yeah, and because of that, Pucky doesn't trust people easily and may bite. And I was quite scared initially, but of course, I don't show my fear. Instead, I tried to approach Pucky but she wasn't really close to me at first. Then somehow after that, Pucky seems to hunger for my affection. She follows me everywhere and Vanessa and Will can see that she likes me so obviously. Vanessa says that she was happy that Pucky likes me despite of her "not easily believe in people" character. And I guessed that I started to like Pucky too...But sometimes, I might not like when people ask for my affection too much la...LOL...But i'm happy that Pucky likes me..:)

Oh yeah, Vanessa did say that she will only able to give me something as a sign of gratitude as she is not really able to pay by hour rate or something. But it's perfectly fine for me. I did it on my own will actually, even after she told me on the phone before. Since she's doing it a "charity", I really don't mind to help her to take care of those lovely pets lo...I know some friends said that I'm stupid for not asking them to pay me per day rate, but since I'm doing it on my own will and because I love pets alot, and if they are my friends, why can't they support me like mummy and perhaps thought of it as a training for me to be future professional pet sitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment