Saturday, October 2, 2010

I felt humiliated and insulted. She (VT) asked what's my CGPA for STPM. I told her, 3.75 only. Then, she said " Oh..okay..." Then I asked hers. She said 3.83. Then I said that she must be very clever because hers is so high.

But after I get out from the bus, she told a good friend of mine. I think she don't know my friend told me what she told her. She told her that I don't deserve the Sunrise scholarship because her CGPA is higher than mine. She told me that she could have get it instead of me getting it. I was doomed. I thought of her as a friend even though I know she don't want to help me in studies and so on...But when this words came out from her mouth, my heart felt so insulted. I know, I'm not smart like her. I am not clever. My IQ is low. But, how can she say things like this?

She was indirectly saying that stupid people shouldn't get scholarship! My friend saw that I nearly break down, but she told me not to be sad. Just try my best in my studies. I really never thought someone I thought as a friend will treat me like this. I really don't know. I told mummy about it and mum told me not to mix with this kind of people too much. But ...I really hope that there is other smart people in my class other than her so that I don't have to rely on her...:(

2 comments:

  1. hey sher lyn... she dont wanna help you out, just dont care. one day when she need your help she'll realise how important are you.

    i think she didnt mean to say you're stupid and dont deserve the scholarship. it's just that she's not happy because her results are better than yours and yet she did not receive the scholarship.

    anyway, you get that scholarship based on your own capability and by God's grace so you dont need to look down on yourself ok.

    dont keep on saying you're stupid.. you're not. you just need to believe in yourself ok. you have your own speciality/ capability. all you need to do is believe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need a friend lyk dat la. juz forget that she ever existed.

    Life will always give the best to everyone who deserves it. Just believe in yourself. You deserve it, that's why you get it.

    I think I told you b4 bout my fren in NTU. I got 4.00, he got 3.83. my MUET band 5 he band 4. My CCA 96, he around 70.

    But then he got a scholarship and I don't get any. But I didn't ever think that I deserve more than him cuz of the fact that he NEEDs it more than me. Also, we were competing for the scholarship cause the company only offer scholarship to one student.

    Although we were fighting for our future, now we are still the best of friends for 14 years.

    The point is you are better at finding scholarships, better than her and also better than me. That's why you deserve it.

    Also, i believe many scholarships depends more than CGPA to select the right candidates.

    ReplyDelete