Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When was the last time I stopped smiling happily?

I felt that my happiness faded since I came to NUS.

Is it because I still have yet to adapt well?

Or is it because I'm feeling stupid?

Why did I choose NUS in the first place?

These questions made me felt as if I'm doubting myself.

I know efforts are needed to be here. Really extra effort.

I still remember when I was in Form Sixth, I still get my beauty sleep every evening...watch my TV series....Online-ing...and so on...Life was not so busy as I felt now...I'm more relaxed a lil...

But now?

I felt like dying.

I was hoping that the world ends at any seconds so that I will have worries no more!

I admit that I might not be able to adapt with the surrounding environment when all the world class's best is around me. Almost everyone , well yeah, everyone here are fuckingly smart! Mind you, you have to put in extra effort to be at least an average...Nothing else you can do...Well...I'm really emo today...Maybe it's been a week or two im feeling this. Well yeah, I don't have nothing else to say...Not that I'm going to say that I will study or whatsoever, cause I know my actions is not equivalent to words...

4 comments:

  1. sher lyn.. dont give up just yet.. there are still many things coming in your life and this is just the beginning to make you a stronger person k. i know it's easier said than to be done but stay positive. dont doubt your decision in NUS. so what if they are so freakingly smart?? as long as you've tried your very best to excel in your studies. appreciate the hard work that God puts in your life. each person has their own ability limit. once you've reach that limit you should be proud of yourself. dont stress up yourself to go far above the limit cos i scared you'll go crazy one day. take your time to adapt there.. it's only one month since you got there. =)
    smile.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sher lyn...i am worried bout u...u seem so suffer at there...dun tin too much k...jz live ur life as usual...dun care who's the smartest? jz be urself...i do ask u before why u choose NUS and u should know n guess how the life in NUS will be so nvr regret for wat u have made...every decision u made will let u gain new experience so tis is a good tin...dun be emo...every obstacles u r facing now will make u a stonger person in future...so sher lyn cheer up...never give up so easily k...together gambateh!!! ^_^
    p/s:if u nit sumone to share ur problem,jz send a mssge to me in facebook...i am willing to listen to ur problem...^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your friends gave so nice comment here.

    Yeah, NUS may be full with smart people but what matters most is you do your best.

    An advice: In future, don't compare marks among your course mates after u get back your quiz/CA results. It's really not wise to do that as it will make you down. (learned that during my first sem)

    Lastly, uni is not only about studies but it's meant for you to experience and learn new things. Well, make full use of your 4 years in uni. ^^

    and yeah, ur friends are right. Every obstacle u r facing now will definitely make u a stronger person. So, persevere through ya. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. remember when in primary school, we'll think UPSR so hard. when we're in secondary school again we think i cant make it through. PMR and SPM is so tough. and when you took your STPM, the same thinking goes thru your mind. but now, when you're looking back, you will think, wow! i've climbed this far and i pulled it thru. those exams are so easy.

    take 5 years, go thru this obstacle like how you did in these 20 years,
    look back at your journey and you'll be proud of yourself.

    climbing to the peak of the mountain, you'll slip at times, but careful, learn from your mistakes, grab hold of every rock which you can held onto and continue your journey. There is a sense of great achievement when you're looking down from the top of the mountain!

    ReplyDelete