Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lessons and review from "The Wedding"

One of my favorite statement is:

"The reason why I read to Allie is because, each time I read to her, it was like I was courting her, because sometimes, just sometimes, she would fall in love with me again, just like she had a long time ago. And its the most wonderful feeling in the world. How many people are given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over?"
-Noah from 'The Notebook'

Sighhh..... I wondered how many guys think the way like him. :(

Besides that, according to Experts' advice on improving a marriage - 4As: Attention, Appreciation, Affection, and Attraction. However, most of the time the first 2 is the most neglected ones. Though affection and attraction may still present, one of the reason for problems that causes relationships falling apart is because of the lack of attention and appreciation. :'(

Another statement from The Wedding that I adore is: " If it had taken 29 years to drift apart, I knew that a few weeks of effort was simply the beginning of a long process of approachment. "

It makes me wondered, how many man in this world think exactly like him? For I know in most man, once they thought a relationship is failing, that's the end of it. Or even if they tried for a couple of months to win their loved ones back and they still failed to do so after falling apart from the relationship that's worth a few years, they actually gave up quite easily. How many man would think that way like the guy in the novel did?

Love is more than the 3-words mumbled before bedtime, which is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for one another every day. But, how many of us know that? Sometimes it really occurs to me that saying the 3 words would just be a habit for uhmm..., but I really wouldn't want that to happen. :(

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment