Monday, February 22, 2010

STPM result --- Doomsday or Joyday?

Sigh. It is 3 more days left and I would be able to know whether it’s going to be a
doomsday or a joyday for me. When they said that the release of STPM results was on the 25th Feb, I was dumbfounded. I’ve yet to prepare myself for it. And when the news hit me, I was in Gerik with my friends. It almost dragged away my mood. Yes, I know that I wanted to get my results early. But, this was a way too early for me. I thought it would fall on early March; never even expect it to be end of Feb. I know it is good for me to know my results earlier so that I can apply more scholarships, especially those overseas ones as I intend to further my studies abroad. People say that I don’t have to work so hard for it as I have an uncle who is willing to loan me. But I would like to be doing things on my own effort; I hate it when people said that I’m independent just because of this. I know I have to work hard for these scholarships available and grab all those golden opportunities as soon as possible. I have to learn to be independent and not to rely everything on people. Neglecting the application of scholarships. This is the silliest thing I’ve done when I’ve finished my O-Level. After the released of SPM results, instead of going through the Net and search for scholarships, I’ve enjoyed myself in KL and have fun around. Yes, I know I was silly that time. I did not even make any effort to apply for scholarships and by the time I went back Taiping, all those golden opportunities have flown away to others. I’ve made a mistake, so I do not hope that I would make another mistake again this time. So from time to time, I will keep eyeing for all scholarships, be it through Net or newspapers. I must always keep myself updated with the scholarships available and apply them as soon as possible.
It is simply because I know that I have to apply for them so that I can continue to do what I wanted to do. But all these I have to depend on my results. The pain is there. It’s so suffering to wait days after days. I wondered if my friends from Gerik would come to Taiping or not. I really missed the days being with them though the trip was simple and plain. I don’t even know why I love this trip so much. Perhaps it was because of that night. It was really such a wonderful night I’ve ever seen. Really. It’s good to have them here. Me and PJ was hoping that they would come down and have fun with us before our doomsday. Really hoping for miracle to come. Good luck, Sherlyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment