Sunday, May 30, 2010

IELTS & New Friends

Yesterday took my IELTS at Cititel Hotel,Penang.
Started our journey at 5.45am. Actually,honestly,I don't prepare much. Last minute preparation, again. :(
Hm...anyway,slept my way through. Arrived Cititel Hotel at 7.35am. Dad went to the lobby with me. We looked for the level to go for my IELTS on the event board. Stated there was Level 3,Perdana IV.
I told dad I need the toilet urgently. Was having stomach ache at the wrong time >.<
Almost went to the wrong toilet but dad stopped me and told me mine was the opposite. Lol.
Then,came out after doing my "business".Headed to Level 3 myself. I don't know where's dad. Maybe he lefted, I thought. So, initially, I was really depressed. No friends to talk, I was like a stranger to everyone. Then I took the initiative to talk with a girl. I asked " Excuse me. Can I know how do we know what's our candidate's number??" The girl said that she does not know either. Then, her cousin sister asked about me. And we started to chat a little. I got to know that this girl, Angie Chong. Her cousin sister was really friendly. We barely know each other but she managed to make me talk comfortably. Haha.

Then, I got to know that Angie was taking IELTS to study in UK. That time, I only know Angie, and no one else. We said to each other "Jia you" during our first test--Listening. And to take IELTS is really uhm...protective. Because you have to do an overall body scan before you can enter the exam hall. And there's headphones for each of us during the Listening test!! *Relieved*
And before the test, we can actually listen to songs too. *Wow*

IELTS Listening was a great experience. It was definitely better than MUET's. However, the 2nd part, I (I guess not only me.Others as well) screwed up. All of us thought that it will stop awhile after the first sub-section. But then it continues till the end of Part 2. OMG!@! Anyway, I managed to grab some answers. Hopefully can get bout 30/40. Please.

Then directly after Listening (yes,non stop), was the REading test. There are 3 passages for me to finished in an hour's time. I guess I like the traveller's guide thing and the otter ones. The 3rd passage bored me. Each passage I allocated 15-20minutes for myself. Lol.

Then comes the Writing part. There are 2 task.Somewhat like our MUET ones. Lol. This is my first time to finish my essay early by about 15-20 minutes. I'm a lil scared. I mean, is it normal to finish it early? Well, my first task was to compare the maps, where one was in 1995 and the other was in the present. So, I cincai write lo...Just contrast n compare everything I can see from the map and do some conclusion by saying that there is an economic growth in that village. Lol. My second task is " The young people nowadays are having negative attitudes towards learning. Why is this happening? And what can be done to encourage the young people to have positive attitudes towards learning?"
I am not sure about this. Is the question related to life-long learning? I was saying something related to it and how important it is to continue to learn things even after our graduation.(That was my intro) Anyway, it was over now.

The last part was Speaking~~~!! Mine section was at 1.30pm. Angie was at 1.50pm. And there will be 3 interviewers for 3 groups. I was in the 3rd group whereas Angie in the 2nd. I should be the first to get nervous but Angie was so nervous than me. Lol. I tried to comfort her by telling jokes and chat with her to get both our worries away. After that, it was then my turn. I told her "good luck" for her session later and she winked at me and tell me "Luck" too...I smiled to her and said I will. My interviewer was an Indian. Sigh. I was hoping for an "Ang Moh"...Haha.
I smiled to the interviewer. She looked at me coldly. Then I was like..."Uh..okay.Stop smiling.Later people thought you're trying to bribe her or what" She then interviewed me asking bout my personal life. This part was okay to me. Questions she asked during the first part was as expected. Lol. Then came the 2nd part. About the special meal I've eaten. Then talked bout it. She asked me "Where does people in your country normally find for food?" I told her "the restaurant and hotels.Especially when it was during gatherings or parties or a certain functions"
Silly me. Little did I know that I've mistaken what she actually wants. Then I suddenly told her "supermarkets". She is actually quite okay...I think she did give me hints to make me realised I've answered the wrong things. Then I started to talk about it. Then she asked me "How about the wet markets? Why people choose to go to the supermarkets instead of the wet markets?" And "For certain foods like vege, why people prefer to go to the wet markets??" That quest was a bonus for me.Hehe.Luckily I always follow mum to the morning markets..lol.

Then, after finished mine, I went down to explore the hotel. And there was once I am so STUPID! I was pressing my handphone and went to the wrong toilet again!!! This time, there was no dad to stop me>.< When I opened the door and enter, I saw a guy in front of me and the others was looking at me. I think they got shocked. Then that time I was also shocked. I quickly turn back and said "Sorry. I didnt see anything." and terus run to the opposite one. Lol. Luckily I didnt see anything. Honestly I didnt see anything. I was playing with my phone that time kay!!

Then, I called dad, asking him to pick me up. He asked me to wait, and I said I'm okay with it. So, I sat at the lobby there, looking around. I was rather bored at first. Then Angie came down and sit with me. She was playing with her phone after we chatted awhile. Then, her cousins came. Her cousin even tell me "All the best for your IELTS" before they went back. I'm a little happy that people are so friendly~~

After that, there was a girl I saw before while waiting for the Speaking test. Actually I wanted to know her, but I saw that she was with her friends, I didnt dare to...:(
But then, she came to sit with me and start to chat with me. Then I also excited about it and chatted with her too. Then came a guy, at first I thought that they've known each other. But then, to my surprise, they just knew each other during the test! I was like " Huh?? But u all seems to be knowing each other for years!" Then we all laughed and chatted why are we taking IELTS...What course you wanted to study...and so on...After that, dad called asking me to wait him outside. So, I asked for their Facebook email add...

And I added them today. They are so friendly.~~ Both of them are my juniors:)
And we even planned to hang out together in Penang when we want to take IELTS results the time. I just knew them barely by 30minutes and yet, we already like friends!!

The girl name was Stepheny and the guy was Stanley~
I'm happy to be able to meet them~~:)

No comments:

Post a Comment