Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have to bid Goodbye to my Dream Job

I hate to make this decision. I knew what I really wanted. But I have no choice. Pharmacy. All along I really wanted you. But I have to say goodbye to you at the moment because I would definitely find ways to "find" you again in future.

People often asked, why pharmacy? And the reasons ??
1. I love Chemistry. I love it so much that I'm so into it. And pharmacy, most of its contents are about Chemistry and Biology a lil. Maybe about 30-40%.
2. Studying pharmacy can let me know a lot of the drugs available in the pharmacy stores. I always wanted to know what's the use of this drug, and what's the use of that drug, how it can help us, what are their side effects, this drug can't be taken with what and so on....I felt it's really cool if I were able to name all the drugs as in I can know all the laws which lawyers would know. (I always think lawyers are cool when they are able to say " You have committed a crime against the law in the Act of bla bla bla , Section bla bla bla" . -.-" of course the words bla bla bla is something lar...I'm don't know law, that's why I'm using the words bla bla bla to substitute the actual words)
3. I find it satisfying when I am able to help people at the end of the day, giving them advises on the medication they should take and so on.

However, financial restriction seems to restricting me. Local studies can't get me to work overseas in future as most of the pharmacy courses are just locally recognised. Sigh. And I got to know that Australia, UK and USA are flooded with pharmacists itself. This will reduce my chances of getting into oversea and work.

Hence, I am now considering my second option -Food Science. Though pharmacy is my No.1, I am now trying to love Food Science as much as I love pharmacy. I have no choice. Hence I wanted things to go according to my plan, if possible. My new plan is to take up Food Science now. And after working and got enough money, I will take up courses to enable me to study pharmacy again. Lol. Not sure if my plan would work or not. But if everything works fine with me, I will opt for it.

And today I just had a dream. We're ( I don't know who I am with. But it seems to be a bunch of students. And surprisingly, Agnes was there in the scene with me. Haha) driving our way to a place where I dont even know where it is but it seems to be a lil scary and eerie~
We're given 10 names. After arriving the place, it was dark and cold. We have to find for the description on the symptoms of the illnesses of the patients( according to the names given to us)in a box which I seriously do not know what other things is inside but it seems to be body parts of a human? Because it looks like my paper description was tied to a human's finger. Oh gross. Gosh. I don't know why would I dream this in such an eerie way. Anyway, forget bout it. I just know that everyone in the "scene" was trying to find all the descriptions for the listed names given as there are time limitation for it and we have to somehow give the names of the drugs for the illnesses. It was like a test or something.
But having a test in this way seems to be so scary. As if it was somehow kinda like those, uhm...you know, the sisters stuff, Theta Pi or Sigma Pi...those college girls used to have...

Anyway, I have to learn to like Food Science now. And I'm learning to like it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment