Saturday, May 22, 2010

NUS Welcome Reception Tea

Woke up at 5.30am, flipping through my Freshmen Guide, eyeing on the important stuffs that I might want to ask the seniors later. Actually, the night before, I was reading the post wrote by seniors till 1 am regarding those SOLAR stuffs, Pre-Registration thingie and etc. I wondered who is cheanrocks,pinknotebook and bubbleblotz...They seems to be very helpful and friendly...I realised mark was once a blur guy too...I mean regardings to the short forms they used about NUS thing in that forum. Anyway, he seems to be the VIP when he attended the UFO thingie. Haha.

We went out and ate breakfast at about 7.30am.Then headed to Penang at 7.50am. Luckily dad didn't get lost as I did help to look out for the Magazine Road signboard. Then luckily I noticed the logo. My intuition tells me that it is Traders Hotel. Haha. And fortunately I was right! We reached Traders Hotel at 9.00am. That was early. Unexpected! Woohoo~~! I didnt saw anyone at all that time. I miss called Wan Jun.(Actually I never met her before. We knew each other through Recom) After a few mins, she messaged me that she needs a little time to brush her teeth and pack her stuff as she has to check out. I told her that it was okay and take her time as I'll be waiting at the lobby. After that Boon Sin messaged me when I was about to message him. Lol~!! After that, I met up with Boon Sin in the Level 2 Datai Room.

Actually, though Boon Sin and I were from the same hometown and we met before a couple of times in tuition, we have NEVER talked before. But today, we talked and joked. Lolx. Then, he introduced me to a guy who is a guest in Recom. And after that, Wan Jun came and meet up with us. Four of us sit at the same row. Chatted and laughed . Wan jun was warm and friendly. She is a person who is so much in love with animals. Salute her~! Haha.

Uhm...then, Mr Gan gave a talk. He was a funny guy. I can't help myself to stop laughing when he was joking. Lol. Espcially when he asked us not to be surprised when we saw many BLONDS in the uni...HAHAHA. And this hot and cute guy, Ryan was cute and funny. He was an Engineering student if I'm not mistaken. Very friendly guy and cute too...I find it funny when he was talking his informal speech and laugh at himself at the same time. His English was super goood. In fact, as what the other seniors told me, he doesnt really know Mandarin. Ryan talks like a Singaporean. He sounds Singlish instead of someone like me, talking Manglish. Ryan was also down to earth too. Okay, enough of the compliments. Lol.

Then this girl, who is taking Life Sciences in NUS, Xin Ying. From the first look, I thought that she was cool. But I found that she's warm when we approach her to ask things. In fact, she told us a lots. Something which I find helpful to me. And it scares me off when Ryan told us that Raffles Hall got GHOSTs and got RAPE case before. Lol. Not knowing much how true is that. And a senior guy told me that KE7 has an attempted rape case, HOWEVER, things like that wouldnt happen because everyone in the hall was there to help as a community. So, that sounds a relief to me as I was applying to KE7, Temasek and Eusoff. Lol.

Anyway, to cut things short, I find that my attendance to the reception tea helps me to get to know some of those friendly seniors. Hehe. And there was once this guy senior laughed at me when I said that I don't want to work in lab and smell those chemicals but I love Chemistry alots. In fact, he was a Chemistry student. I find him and Ryan quite familiar. I wondered if I saw them anywhere?? Hm...Lastly, these experiences are really enriching.

p/s: Xin Ying and Ryan live in PGP. There's one senior guy lives in KE7. Uhm..seems that he was the head there or something like that. Uhm...I don't know bout the other seniors d...Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment