Saturday, May 8, 2010

Am I a Failure?

I'm not feeling good today.
The result for USM interview was out this morning.
I was waiting eagerly, hoping for the best.
But then, I found out that I was not shortlisted.
Initially, I was still okay about it.
Then I saw others getting called for interviews too. I mean my schoolmates.
Then Poh Juan called me, asking me if I was shortlisted or not and she told me that she's shortlisted and help her to ask Miss Choong for leave.
I told her that I will tell her when Miss Choong came back.

Miss Choong came back to the office at about 1130am. I told her that Poh Juan needs to take leave for USM interview. Miss Choong then asked that if I need leave too? I told her I'm not shortlisted. She then asked me " Isn't your results better than Ng? Why aren't you shortlisted? "
I don't know how to reply but just fake a smile.

Parents and relatives then asked me about the USM thingie. I told them I'm not shortlisted. Then they asked me bout my scholarship applications. I really don't know how to answer them. Dad asked " All my friends' daughter and sons already got called for interviews for their scholarship. How come yours until today no news at all? Did you actually apply them or you just say say only? "
When this questions hitted me, I almost cried. I really tried my best to apply as many as I can. All rejected me. What can I do? Cry and beg them?? There's no use of it. I felt so pressured. I felt like I lose hope. Felt that I'm such a FAILURE. It's not that I'm not trying hard. I did, I apply, I sent a few weeks earlier by courrier service some more, other people got shortlisted, how come I'm not?

Is it all these need luck? I've always done researches before applying...How to apply and so on...But what do I get? When I get my STPM results, everyone congratulates me. I don't seem to be happy at all, honestly. I was thinking that they should only congratulate me if I was awarded a scholarship. All these failures made me felt as if I'm a loser. So what I got good results than others when luck is not in my way?? I don't hope to sound so despair but I started to loose hope when everything I'm applying is REJECTING me!

Can't God be fair to me? I was not born rich. It's okay. I just wish I have a financial aid to fulfill my dream. Is that so hard?

3 comments:

  1. sherlyn, dont be so upset...u said u apply alot, maybe some of them just late replying u leh...wait sumore la..dun so sad...i understand ur feeling...u cant say u're a failure bcz of that wan ma...sometimes things is lk dat wan lo...everythg's nt fair...but just dont give up...say to urself...tomorrow will be better! be tough and cheer up ya !

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..thnks farn...lol..i almost cried again when i read my post again...and i love you guys...u guys are really there to cheer me up when I'm so down...Yeah. Maybe. Maybe tomorrow will be better. :)
    Thanks a lot. I will not give up. I will still continue to apply but I don't dare to put any more high hopes on that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..sherlyn...im khaiming la...dont call me farn la..lol..or u can call me yvonn..keke...

    ReplyDelete