Sunday, December 1, 2013

Just Another Day of Ranting

So, my sister just gave the sarcastic "Wah" the moment she saw me holding 4 bags of groceries. Actually, only 2 of the bags are full of stuffs. One bag contained the bananas and another bag contained the baby spinach and cheese. I actually heard her asking me in an "alarmed and shocked" manner, "Wah! You bought SO MANY things again ah?" Luckily I was on my earphones, I pretended that I didn't heard her question and asked, "You called me?" (Just to be polite). She kept silent so I acted as if she didn't call me. Then when I walked pass her, she gave me the sarcastic "Wah", which I'm super annoyed.

Hey, I know my sister. That kind of "Wah" is definitely not the amazed "Wah", but the sarcastic one. I'm not trying to stock up the refrigerator with my foods. I buy and I eat them within 1 week! And please don't expect me, with only $200/month, how do you think I can survive without cooking for myself instead of dining out? And transportation alone already costed me about $100+/month. Can't you, as a sister, be understanding? Plus, the refrigerator, even if it looked a little suffocated, that's because of your fruits and vegetables that's been lying for months, not mine. You could have cleared up the fridge by discarding those groceries that had been laying in the fridge for more than a week.

Okay, Let me tell you why I cooked for myself. Firstly, dining out, ONE MEAL alone already costed AT LEAST $3.50. Imagine if you have to dine out for every meal per week, it would definitely cost me at least $73.50 ! Sorry, I'm always hungry, so I'd need my 3 meals/week. BUT....when I'm planning to cook for myself, I can reduce the cost about almost 50%. Meaning that, each week, I'm setting my budget of about $25 - $40 on groceries alone, which can last me for the entire week. See the difference in the cost? That's why I've been cooking a lot lately because if I'm dining out, the remaining $100 would definitely wouldn't be enough for me to shop for other necessities.

IT'S effing frustrating when staying under the same roof with so much restriction. I mean we're family right? I felt more like a stranger in the house than being a part of the family. Damn, if only I can own my own house here.

No comments:

Post a Comment