Thursday, February 9, 2012

Skinner Box: Shaping My Pet Rat Stella


I was studying for my Psychology mod and I came across the word "Operant Conditioning" which means a form of associative learning in which the consequences of a behaviour change the probability of the behavior's occurrence.

My midterm essay was to write about the ways of training a dog or something like that ( I can't remember.) As you know, I love dogs a lot, and learning about dogs had always been my passion. And now, if I were able to learn more about ways to train dogs, I would be more than delighted. Just because I don't like the way that dogs are being abused in trainings. I've seen people abusing and kicking their dogs when the dogs couldn't do what they want them to do...It's so heart-aching to see those videos and I know I'll end up cursing those people and hoping that I can have their dogs instead. I love puppies n doggies. Be it big or small, strayed or not, I don't mind. Because I know one thing about dogs is that, they are the most loyal living things on Earth. They can read mind, they can be a therapy. Just that they can't talk...

I do hope to learn more about this positive reinforcement and operant conditioning to train animals. LOL. If only I know studying Psychology can make me become an animal trainer, I would sign up for Psychology instead! LOL. Less lab ma...FST too many labs till I'm exhausted. Not to say that class ends at 6pm every day from 9am...Brain also got exhausted the time I reached home. That's why I ended up falling asleep super early.

Anyway, if there's a chance, I do hope that I can be a dog trainer. It's like a dream if I can be one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment