Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Day I Found Out His Secret xD

Let me introduce you to this man before I continue to tell you bout the excitement I had today :)

Lincoln Lim - Abbott's Global Formulations Development, Area Director, Asia Pacific

So, from his position, you can know that he holds quite a high position in Abbott right? :)
Even though he holds a high position,he's the kind of man who is humble and down-to-earth. Even if we're only interns, he will come to talk to us like buddies and greet us each time he walked pass us and even opened the door for us to walk in. I mean these kind of things normally people with high position wouldn't do this, especially when we are just an intern. This is what I liked bout him :)

Hahaha. Wished I had a father like him. I realized he can be a very good lecturer from the day I saw him giving explanation to kids bout the Mentos & Coke phenomenon. Lol. And guessed what I just found out today? This is what I'll be blogging bout today.

Since June, Lincoln kept asking me if the modules listing are out yet. As I'm curious, I casually asked him "Why?". He then jokingly told me that he wanted to take modules in NUS. I genuinely believed him but yet suspected that he's joking. So, thinking maybe because he is interested to know the modules offered by NUS, I helped him to look out when the modules listing will be out.

So, the listings are out in early July. So, he asked me again (he asked me almost every week since June. hahaha) and I told him it's already out. Then he asked me how to access to the module listings and etc. Then, I asked him to come over to my desk so that I can show him. (Lol. I know it's quite impolite to direct him to my place but I guessed he wont mind since we're nearby) So, he asked me which are the FST modules. Then, I just showed him the lists. He then asked me to open "FST 5225" and see whether cn check the syllabus or not. That time I still did not suspect anything yet. So, I just told him can't check the syllabus. I genuinely forgotten that syllabus can be checked through IVLE! Then, he said, "Miss Ong, I recommend you to take this mod! Highly recommended!"
Then I just laughed it off and told him it's not so possible coz its a graduate's module and pre-requisite is to gain permission from the lecturer. Each day since then he will walk pass my place casually and tell me to take FST5225 and he highly recommended me to take..

So....today he reminded me to take the module again. Then he asked Yi Xiang and me if can check the weightage of the midterms, about E-learning, how lecturers record videos during E-learning, etc. It was damn funny la coz Yi Xiang very smart as she started to suspect that Lincoln probably will be the lecturer. if not, why he asked these questions if he wants to take the module. Hahaha. So cute right.
He kept denying. Thereafter, I recalled that syllabus and midterm weightage can be checked through IVLE if updated. So I searched for the module through IVLE, and honestly, I didn't notice the module facilitator's name till Yi Xiang (she's very observant,haha) asked me to go back and see the module facilitator's name. Then, Yi Xiang said the name is Lincoln's name! Then Lincoln kept denying and said could be other person. Hahaha. Cant stop laughing. Then, we checked and it turns out that he is the lecturer! OMG! I'm so excited, don't know why. Then, Yi Xiang said it's his email address, couldn't be other person. Then, Lincoln kept denying and said it's not official. Lol. We broke his secret. Hahaha.

But really OMG. I'm like really....got shocked but yet feeling excited. Hahaha. I wished he would allow me to crash course so that I can learn. Coz I cant risk my CAP anymore :(
Plus if I'm taking FST mod, I wont be able to S/U it. :'(
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment