Saturday, June 15, 2013

Love Languages

Sometimes it's funny when it comes to love.
Recently, I've read that love should contain 3 key ingredients - intimacy, passion and commitment.

In the previous week, we talked about the 5 love languages:

1. Words of affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

This link provides a good source of understanding these languages: http://www.separatedmen.com/articles/love_languages.asp

So, as for me, if I were to rate these languages from the most important (number 1) to least important (number 5), it would be:

1. Quality Time
2. Physical Touch
3. Acts of Service
4. Words of affirmation
5. Receiving Gifts


I'm pretty sure that #1 has always been neglected in my case. Spending quality time has always been important to me. I did have a hard time weighing #2 and #3 as they're both equally important to me. But I guessed I'm the kind of girl who likes a lot of intimacy (well, I don't mean sex) as I would always want my partner to hold my hand while we're walking, or maybe putting his arms around me, hugs me, cuddles with me, etc. You know, it's like sometimes when you're walking in the park and you saw old couples still holding hands and hugging one another, you would wish that you would find someone who would grow old with you and still loves you despite of the wrinkles on your face etc. It does sounds like a fairytale, but I am not confident about the existence of true love at all when it comes to the generation I'm in. What I mean is, it seems that true love only exists in the older generation, but does it still exist in the later generation? Well, a small part of me still hopes that it exist.

You know, sometimes, life is pretty confusing. For example, I always wished to have a love life like those in the movies/ dramas, but when it comes to myself experiencing it, I find it too complicated to deal with. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment