Sunday, December 23, 2012

First Week of Intern

1st day (10/12/2012):
I was 30 minutes early to the company. I was supposed to report to Joan on my first day, but when I reached Mayki was the one who brought me in instead as Joan will be late today. She introduce the places around the company to me. The toilet, pantry, warehouse, colleagues and my table. Mayki was a very nice and friendly person. And OMG. I only knew after lunch that she was 30. To my horror. She looks way younger than her age! I thought she's only 26 or 27. And also Ria. She's an Indonesian. She's only 27 but she looks about 24 or 25 >.<  The people working here looks so young than they really are. Mayki made toast kaya bread for me on my first day and keep me company till Joan comes. And Mayki was from Penang and she's the company's graphic designer. Her designs are really nice. :) Heehehe. And one thing I agree with Mayki is that, although you get all strings of A's in studies, that does not makes you a successful person. What makes you successful is the amount of digits you earn, which is true. As in, for what you study so hard and showing off your A's when you don't earn much?

After that Joan came and after a while, she passed me a project that the company is working on. And so, I get to do New Product and Development for dog food. Due to company's privacy, I wouldn't reveal much. But I am in charge of the food production and formulation. A bit stressed cause it seems that I'm the only Food Tech there. :(   So, basically, it's like I'm kinda working on my own but not really my own. Okay. It does sounds very confusing. But ahh.. nevermind. So, first day, productivity was ZERO 'cause I really couldn't find any information regarding the stuffs I had to find.

2nd day (11/12/2012):
Not much stuff but feeling a lil sleepy while working. Blame it on the lightings. It's kinda dark when it gets by the evening and this kind of atmosphere really makes you feel like sleeping. Trust me. Sit at my place and you'll know. So, second day, I tried using different keywords to find the information and gets some information although it's not directly the information I wanted, but I think it should be applicable. So, keep searching and searching and searching. According to Mayki, boss is always not here (in the company) and he's only back about once every 4 years? or is it 4 times a year? Can't really remember that. :|

3rd day (12/12/2012)
Saw manager today and she looks kinda fierce, but sometimes very funny. She got a cute daughter called "Chita?" LOL. I don't know how to spell. Today Joan made a twice attempt to scare me. Hmm..first attempt. not so successful perhaps because my reaction doesn't show that I got scared or something. So, while I was being so attentive listening to Mayki's story, all of sudden when I turned to my apple crumble, I got the shocked of my life that I screamed and jumped off from my chair. I can say that Mayki was a good actress. She act very normal (as in she doesn't laugh or anything) when I'm so innocent-looking. LOL. Self-praising again. :|  Hahaha! So, when Joan saw me got shocked, she laughed and she's like so happy. LMAO. Then, I said, "Wow. Joan. Finally succeeded to scare me after your 1st attempt. " Then, we all laughed and laughed and laughed.

4th day (13/12/2012)
Today nothing special. Sent my draft to Joan and working halfway on the nutritional labeling as requested by Joan yesterday. Joan said that the work is actually marketing people's work, but since I'm an intern, I get to do everything :) It's good I think, as I get to learn about labeling as well :)   But I'm still kind of worried about the New Product Development thingy. Cause this time, I really have no one to refer to. Joan doesn't know much about processing method. :|  Oh yeah, met a new colleague today. Her name called Aiza (?) She's a Pinoy <3 Hahaha. Don't ask me why but I like Pinoy people alot. Maybe because of Charice. LMAO. Aiza is also 30 but she doesn't look her age also :|  Most people at here had been given the opportunity to go overseas to work. Arghhhh....I really wished to work in this company next time. Imagine being given the opportunity to travel and work like my other colleagues. Oh yeah, Aiza is also from the production and formulation line. But she's leaving Singapore next week :|   Sighh, thought she can be my "tutor" in this new new line. :(

5th day (14/12/2012)
So, today working on the nutrition labeling. Never know Green Lipped Mussels have so many benefits. :) Can recommend mum to eat this for her knee and joint pain. Didn't know that the Maoris are so good with the herbs. Kawakawa leaves and pikopiko ferns are native to New Zealands and actually had many nutritional benefits. Supposed to submit to Joan for review but I aimed to get it done by Monday. Jia you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment