Sunday, December 23, 2012

2nd week of internship

Monday (17/12/2012)
Working the whole day on the nutrition labeling thing. Cause I need to do research on the health benefits and make sure that my sentences are not medicinal or drug claims. Even in Nutritional Claims, we have to comply to the law and are not allowed to do medicinal claims such as "This product would heal bla bla bla". Of 4 gourmet ingredients, pikopiko fern is the hardest to find. Trust me. You won't even able to find any information on the gourmet ingredients in journals. I've used Google Scholar but nothing is found. I'm curious, why nobody do a research on the native plants in New Zealands which is used as medicinal benefits by the Maoris?

Tuesday (18/12/2012)
Saw a new girl today. Actually she's not new, she's actually an ex-intern. She's here for a month to help Harry. Her name is Ariel. Also quite friendly person :) So, since yesterday I submitted my labeling to Joan, today I'm working on finding the 14% solution thing. Just to make sure if the method to make the 14% salt solution in my mind is the same as in my findings. Then, during some free time, I take the opportunity to self study what is food extrusion is about and how pet foods are made and I tried to relate to the method that Joan explained to me last Friday about the pet food production method in our plants in New Zealand.

Wednesday (19/12/2012)
Joan gave me a new task. This time I can feel a little pressure. Cause it was something that I totally haven't done before. It's formulation of the product for our Kangaroo Apples. Then, I must alter the percentage in the formula to meet the AAFCO requirement as well as the does not exceed the company's budget. I was given time to digest the information, thanks to Joan who is being understanding :)
After work, I meet up with piggy. So long didn't meet him d...Happy that he made an attempt to ask me out <3 Hahaha...Piggy, I think next time when you had the chance to meet up with my funny colleagues, they'd nickname you "Blog" lo..Cause my colleagues they give nickname to each others' bf/husband...One of my colleague's husband was called "forum" because her husband always look at forum for information. Then there are also nicknames such as "Christmas tree", " bus stop" , etc. Hahaha...It was because it was how they met. LOL. Since we met through blog, maybe you'll be called blog :P


Thursday (20/12/2012) 
OMG. Today first time see my boss. He's so good looking and young! Hehehe..And he had kind of a deep sexy voice. <3 According to my colleagues, he was only about 33 or 34 only. So young right!!! I looked so shy and blushed when he greeted me this morning. LOL. So, today, Joan suddenly thought of a new idea. To use crocodile meat in our product! LOL. So, I had to look for the supplier. Again, it's not something I learned before. So, I learning it from my colleagues. Certains such as FOB and CIF and MOQ. Sounds very chim right? Hahah...All these terms are business related actually. :)

Friday (21/12/2012)
So they said today the world ends. Lemme entertain you with my funny colleague's story about her cute mum. Her mum gave her a packet of batteries and a torchlight today! Heehehe. Cause her mum said today the world will end. She's afraid that her daughter can't see in the dark. So cute right? Okay. This is not the end yet! Then, her mum also got called her to ask her what time she's coming back. My colleague said won't be so early. Then her mum asked "Can you come back by 8pm?" Then she replied "Cannot leh...Later got party ;lehh" Her mum replied, " Har?? Cannot come back by 8pm ar? Then you don't want die with us ah? You rather die with your friends is it?" She then replied, " Ma, mai siao la...The world not ending la" Her mum replied, " Nvm la, where is your party? I come to your party." LOL. So funny leh....
Anyway, today been trying to work on the formulation. Not easy but keep trying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment