Sunday, January 6, 2013

Switching Jobs

Nope. It's not about me switching job. Was watching Smart@Work. It's really a great show, teaching you how to be smart at work. And yes, today's topic is about switching jobs, in which they interviewed employees and bosses about their views in speed switching.

Alot of things I learned from that today's topic. Like when we we're considering to work for a company, alot of things we have to consider. Apart from salary issues, how many of us would think of how important is the work culture & environment at there, how much of our time we can commit, are we willing to work 70-80 hours per week, would we be able to work together or communicate with the other organization units, does the bosses care for our happiness at work, are u really interested in your work, do you like your work and so on....

Most people like us always put money as the top priority, like... I want a job that pay me $xxx. But think about it, what if you're working for a big company, your salary was $5000 per month, but you're not even happy at work and you find it very stressful. Compare with the small company you work, although salary was only $4250 per month, but everyone in the company are helpful and friendly and the bosses values and appreciate us, building strong relationship with employees by taking them out and etc... which would you choose?

For me, I would choose the latter option. Working environment is most important for me, but I wouldn't say that I don't care bout salary. But if higher salary costed me a stressful working environment, I wouldn't go for it. Plus, like one of the lady mentioned, working in a big company can be very stressful as they usually hire those talented people and the environment is very competitive as everyone would want to get promotion. Seriously, tell me, who doesn't want to be promoted anyway?

And also one valuable advice from an employer is, you must let the boss understand what is your expectations and what you achieve to learn in the company. This will allow the employer to know what is your need and so that you can work happily or something. Besides that, this way, the boss wouldn't keep giving you repetitive work that you would find it bored to do! And also, before you wanna switch jobs, make sure what is your talents or strengths are, and find out what is really your interest and if the new job would give you rooms for improvement and also the working environment.

There's still alot other advices but I've forgotten. Anyway, hope you all would find this post helpful:) and definitely for myself:)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment